← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
What made you start mining in the first place?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3144W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 12:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 13:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1636W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1096W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1160W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2405W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2317W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1910W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1376W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3121W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 02:20 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
A 1970W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 20:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2207W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 436W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2251W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1149W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 190W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2095W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 07:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 07:10 UTC
A 2511W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3022W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 16:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 770W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 21:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2021W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
A 1343W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 854W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1710W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3123W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 3192W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3343W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2374W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 682W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?