← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Test rentals — how small is too small?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.