未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3397W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 765W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 986W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 438W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2565W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3328W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2986W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2065W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed