Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 12:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2669W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 280W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2416W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
A 319W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed