Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 13:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
A 2226W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2550W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2316W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 166W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
A 3210W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2165W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
A 2490W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 10:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed