Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

KAS miners check in — how's stability?

omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 1941W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3280W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1033W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 635W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2113W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3212W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. a 1086W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2857W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
A 111W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2413W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1514W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed