未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?

lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 13:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1107W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 75W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1366W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 897W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 892W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 14:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 16:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2534W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2837W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1647W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1158W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3292W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1730W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but my S19 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 2789W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1544W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2724W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 587W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3141W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1495W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2313W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed