Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2427W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 02:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 670W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
A 1518W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed