미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1692W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 00:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1657W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
A 1275W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2389W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3125W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 14:30 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed