← Forum ·
Altcoin Mining
XMR miners check in — how's stability?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1505W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3146W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1185W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 679W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2968W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 185W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 07:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.