← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Suppliers: your contract must-haves
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 94W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1947W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1616W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1476W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2255W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 23:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 964W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my KS3 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2695W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?