Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 61

solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1639W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 1271W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 25/08/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 25/08/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 25/08/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 25/08/26 17:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2690W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 25/08/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 19:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
A 860W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 21:10 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
A 1108W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 500W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2644W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 04:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1506W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 160W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2479W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1982W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 09:30 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1277W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 13:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed