Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

night-ledger-606 · 25/08/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 25/08/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 16:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 657W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 25/08/26 18:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 25/08/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 25/08/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 25/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 25/08/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 25/08/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 20:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 25/08/26 21:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 25/08/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 25/08/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 25/08/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 25/08/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 25/08/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 25/08/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 25/08/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 25/08/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 25/08/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1278W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 25/08/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 25/08/26 23:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. a 855W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 981W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1614W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 02:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 02:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
A 2653W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 04:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 08:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 12:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 12:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed