미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2342W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed