Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 495W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 494W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1397W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 307W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 09:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3309W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1655W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
A 1955W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2824W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 428W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2153W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 01:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2988W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 872W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2259W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2978W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2809W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed