미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 901W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2531W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1574W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 02:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 584W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 202W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1031W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2478W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1035W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2408W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
A 2071W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2883W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1096W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2264W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3242W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1760W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2163W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 1505W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 555W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1123W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 15:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2267W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 686W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
A 3051W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1805W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 861W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2916W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 04:20 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2924W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 976W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 12:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
A 3074W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed