Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1112W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 14:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 14:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 146W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 18:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2583W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3038W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
A 1077W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 364W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed