Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 16:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
A 388W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 351W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 430W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 225W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed