未来へようこそ

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1252W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 20:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2981W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2383W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 722W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2632W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2960W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 353W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. a 886W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 115W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1973W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2489W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1227W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3319W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 727W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 685W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1958W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
A 1765W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
A 3013W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3348W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 14:40 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 524W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2362W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 991W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2652W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1806W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2206W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2934W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 311W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2288W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 17:00 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1225W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 868W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 534W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
A 1300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2683W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2094W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1657W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2844W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3194W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2754W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 79 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 833W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 10:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 757W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 266W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3385W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 540W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 21:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3208W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed