Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 15:30 UTC
A 2753W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 992W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1473W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 1312W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2580W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2102W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3134W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 11:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 841W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2122W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 557W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. a 1570W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 748W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
A 368W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. a 339W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2308W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1809W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1558W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3191W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1134W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2297W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2843W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed