Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2934W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1130W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1255W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2463W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. a 2039W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 09:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1632W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1438W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed