Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 12 days out

omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3095W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 20:50 UTC
A 711W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 22:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2705W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2864W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 883W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 26/08/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. a 1355W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. a 1681W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 06:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2161W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
A 2438W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2475W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 659W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 201W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 668W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 1753W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1601W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2117W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 443W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3396W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1400W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
A 2469W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 06:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
A 2857W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1113W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
A 2218W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed