← Forum ·
General
Weekly wins and losses thread
atomic-miner-339 · 26/08/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 26/08/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 26/08/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 21:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 26/08/26 21:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2860W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2558W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1387W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1850W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 229W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2912W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1487W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1383W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2928W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 12:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 14:00 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?