미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

noble-wallet-319 · 26/08/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2452W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2425W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 26/08/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 26/08/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 26/08/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 26/08/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 26/08/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 26/08/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 26/08/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 26/08/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 26/08/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 26/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 26/08/26 18:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 26/08/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 26/08/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 26/08/26 21:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 26/08/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 26/08/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3078W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 22:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 26/08/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 26/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 26/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2587W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 26/08/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 150W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1630W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S21 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 06:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 09:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 10:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 281W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 11:00 UTC
A 892W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 13:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 13:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3112W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 919W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1501W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 01:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 258W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2972W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3190W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2292W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
A 3358W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed