Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 14:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 678W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 719W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 06:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 45W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2864W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed