Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2293W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3033W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 658W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 94W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1427W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3229W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed