Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 15:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 27/08/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. a 3342W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 841W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2811W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 628W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1095W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2087W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2652W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
A 1688W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1601W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 933W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2633W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
A 1707W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed