Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3214W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2329W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2991W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1527W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3095W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
A 69W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2621W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
A 2841W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed