Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1987W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 2244W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2346W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2195W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 897W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1082W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3384W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1963W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 10:00 UTC
A 1347W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2777W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 648W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1115W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed