미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 15:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 15:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2989W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1216W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. a 683W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 03:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1341W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 184W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3142W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. a 2745W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 53W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 16:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed