未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Wall numbers vs dashboard numbers — post your gap

quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1054W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 924W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 21:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 23:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 05:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1510W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1183W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2267W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1699W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 833W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed