Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 16:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 851W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1695W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2668W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 27/08/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2929W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2675W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 03:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. a 1566W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 506W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 09:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 601W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2630W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed