Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

crimson-mempool-907 · 27/08/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 27/08/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 27/08/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 27/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 27/08/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 27/08/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 27/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 18:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 27/08/26 19:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1464W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 27/08/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 27/08/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 27/08/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 27/08/26 22:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 27/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 27/08/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 27/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 27/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 586W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 27/08/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 297W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 01:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 01:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 03:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 06:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 06:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1807W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 11:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 13:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed