Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 18:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 672W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2875W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1468W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 776W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 860W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2670W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed