Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
A 496W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 17:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3309W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2851W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 568W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
A 812W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2646W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 564W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2362W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed