Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 16:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 16:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2153W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1985W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 789W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 463W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
A 1001W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 222W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3279W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2451W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 02:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
A 1133W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1849W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 11:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3082W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 440W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1011W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1514W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed