← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Second-hand market sanity check
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 16:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 1301W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1973W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2883W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1100W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2710W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2359W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 784W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1300W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
A 2743W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 15:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?