Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3363W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1720W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1897W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1656W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1080W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 565W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2086W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 528W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1057W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
A 1621W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
A 2336W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1717W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed