Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Your winter heat-reuse plans, 19 days out

crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 1322W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1365W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1316W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 136W nobody budgets for.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed