Welcome to the Future

← Forum · General

What brought you to the forum this week?

night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
A 390W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1943W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 20:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2929W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 23:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. a 2439W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1474W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 847W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed