Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2797W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 28/08/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 28/08/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. a 2618W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1751W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2105W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2306W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 12:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1792W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed