← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?
omega-miner-337 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 17:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 28/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 19:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 28/08/26 20:30 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 28/08/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 28/08/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 28/08/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 28/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 05:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 06:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 765W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 09:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 10:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 10:50 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1272W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 12:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 160W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 3228W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
A 246W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 561W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 197W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 12:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3177W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
A 1781W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
A 649W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?