미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 66

golden-oracle-302 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 28/08/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 28/08/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 28/08/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 28/08/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 28/08/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 28/08/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 28/08/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 21:20 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 28/08/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 28/08/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 28/08/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 28/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 28/08/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2050W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 28/08/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 28/08/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 28/08/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3330W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 00:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 02:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 05:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3264W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 07:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. a 628W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 08:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 08:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2618W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 29/08/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 13:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1754W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed