Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 14:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1940W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 17:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3339W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2282W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3169W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 47W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 14:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3177W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed