← Forum ·
Altcoin Mining
BTC miners check in — how's stability?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1403W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 18:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3278W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1815W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 780W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 11:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2275W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 106W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2742W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 06:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2620W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3106W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 853W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2243W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 683W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1651W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3004W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 20:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 21:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2203W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 01/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1937W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 832W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1419W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 09:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 11:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1636W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 14:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1813W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 16:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 01/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2285W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2952W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 20:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 01/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1278W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 22:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 45W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 00:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 01:00 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 01:30 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 01:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 02/09/26 02:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 02/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 03:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 03:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 02/09/26 06:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 08:40 UTC
A 412W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 09:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 09:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 10:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 11:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 02/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 02/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 02/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 02/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 02/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 02/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 02/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 02/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 17:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 02/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 02/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 02/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 02/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 02/09/26 20:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2176W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 02/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 02/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 02/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 02/09/26 21:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 02/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 02/09/26 23:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 02/09/26 23:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 02/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 02/09/26 23:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2966W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 03/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 00:30 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 00:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 03/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 01:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 03/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 03/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 01:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 03:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2515W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 03/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 03/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 05:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 05:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 03/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 03/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 03/09/26 08:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 03/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 09:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 03/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 03/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 03/09/26 11:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-node-496 · 03/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 03/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 03/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2392W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 03/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 03/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 14:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 03/09/26 15:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 15:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 03/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 03/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 03/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 03/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 03/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.