Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3261W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
A 2972W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 2454W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 22:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1671W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed