Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 436W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 438W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 834W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 29/08/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 00:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
A 2994W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 463W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1228W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 07:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
A 2280W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 246W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2814W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M50 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 05:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 06:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 08:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3156W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 11:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 763W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 754W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2992W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3145W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 21:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 23:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 866W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 01/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. a 305W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 01/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 277W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 03:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 04:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2695W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 05:20 UTC
A 1571W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2898W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2663W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 09:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 01/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1903W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 13:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 01/09/26 15:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed