Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 16:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
A 840W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 29/08/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2216W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1137W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2773W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 1375W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2704W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1927W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2321W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 10:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 12:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3143W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 383W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 22:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 23:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 00:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 02:30 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 31/08/26 05:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 06:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1557W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 31/08/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2482W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2027W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2335W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 16:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 933W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 18:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 18:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 19:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 31/08/26 19:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2747W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 31/08/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 21:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 31/08/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3052W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 22:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 31/08/26 23:50 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 01/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 01/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 01/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 3356W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 01/09/26 06:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 01/09/26 06:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 01/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 01/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 07:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 01/09/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 01/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 01/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 01/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 01/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 01/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 12:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 01/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 01/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2922W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 01/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1807W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 01/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 762W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 01/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 01/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed