Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 18:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. a 2325W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 29/08/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 20:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2829W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 29/08/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 23:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 01:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 01:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3383W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1431W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 178W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 06:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 30/08/26 09:10 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1831W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 12:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 784W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 30/08/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 30/08/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 30/08/26 17:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S21 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 19:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 20:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2172W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 30/08/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 30/08/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1346W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 23:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 00:50 UTC
A 1107W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. a 463W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 31/08/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 31/08/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 03:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 03:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 04:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 31/08/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 31/08/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 31/08/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 31/08/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 31/08/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 31/08/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 31/08/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2213W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 31/08/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 31/08/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 31/08/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 31/08/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 31/08/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 31/08/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 31/08/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 31/08/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 31/08/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 31/08/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 31/08/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 31/08/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 31/08/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 31/08/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed