Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

lucky-halving-589 · 29/08/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 29/08/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 29/08/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 29/08/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 29/08/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 29/08/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 29/08/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 29/08/26 19:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 29/08/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 29/08/26 20:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 29/08/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 29/08/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 29/08/26 22:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 29/08/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 29/08/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 29/08/26 23:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 29/08/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 29/08/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 30/08/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 30/08/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 30/08/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 30/08/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 30/08/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 03:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 30/08/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 30/08/26 04:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 30/08/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 30/08/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 30/08/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1472W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 30/08/26 07:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 30/08/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 30/08/26 08:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 30/08/26 09:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 30/08/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 30/08/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 30/08/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 30/08/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2110W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 30/08/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 30/08/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2684W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 30/08/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 12:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 30/08/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1154W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 30/08/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1128W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 30/08/26 13:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 519W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 336W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 13:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 30/08/26 13:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 30/08/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 30/08/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed